Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Breathing, bleeding stones

I woke up on Saturday morning to Hans' voice humming Moon River to me. It was the perfect song to begin our day together, the day we would be homeless -- together. With the help of dear friends, we packed up our earthly belongings, and drove away just as the sun was setting.



This was not part of the plan. How I fought and resisted the thought just a few weeks ago. But it was most difficult to remain sullen when we were drowning in love and kindness.

A small army invaded our home. They scrubbed beside me (sometimes instead of me), braved through the boys' toys and my kitchen things, and loaded up the trucks in the scorching sun. They filled the last few hours of our apartment of six years with roars of laughter, and their fine friendships.

So, until further notice, we do not have an address. We are drifters drifting. This world is indeed not our home. No, our home is not made of sticks and bricks, but living, breathing, bleeding stones.
Moon river wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style someday
You dream maker, you heartbreaker
Wherever you're going I'm going your way

Two drifters off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river and me

5 comments:

Franklin said...

I didn't know you were an Audrey Hepburn fan, Irene.

Irene Sun said...

I'm not. I do, however, like her version of this song. I haven't seen any of her movies, so I don't think I would qualify as a fan. :)

E! said...

i love that song, and her.

E! said...

and you! courage dear friend

Ruth@GraceLaced said...

This is quite the transition and journey you all are on...I will continue to pray as I think of you. I wish I could have you all rest at our house...if only. ;)