Friday, May 18, 2012
Thoughts about heaven
For one reason or another, Emeth talks about heaven a lot. His fascination with his future forever home is intriguing, and so endearing to me. In this season of arduous (and at times discouraging) house-hunting, his little comments are God's grace to me, reminding me to not place my hope in sticks and stones. This world is not my home.
Here are some quotes I am saving for rainy days, in case the roof leaks.
1. Emeth can't wait to get to heaven because there will be no more coughing and sneezing and hiccups. Nobody understands hiccups.
2. Emeth is getting ready to go to heaven. Emeth is so excited! God made a house for Emeth. Emeth is bringing a luggage with four rocks.
3. Emeth doesn't have to bring his toys because God will share his toys with me.
4. God will give me a new skin because Emeth's skin is very old. Emeth has been wearing it for a long long time. (He is four)
5. (When his allergies striked, he said,) Emeth is being brave because God will help me breathe someday.