Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday School

For four years now, Hans and I serve in a small English ministry of a Chinese immigrant church here in the suburbs of Chicago.

This morning, we officially launched a new Sunday School class and I was their appointed teacher. As usual, I was up last night preparing the materials for my class. As Hans was teaching the high school and college students (my former class), I was next door having a blast.

I had two students. One was extremely involved, responsive, attentive--best student ever, really. And the other slept through my entire lesson.

We read stories from Genesis. We colored. The picture of Adam and Eve had a butterfly, two giraffes, a rabbit, some trees, and a mouse. We sang. We learned a Bible verse. We ate snacks. It was fabulous.

This is the Sunday School class for ages two and under. I am Mommy, your Sunday School teacher.

8 comments:

Serenely said...

Hilarious!!!

Apparently this is almost exactly what my mum did in the early days of the BCCM KK English congregation. I was the only kid under three, so my mum started a special class just for me and recruited the help of two other little girls who were older than me but eager to help and be my classmates (or playmates).

E! said...

at paragraph 4 i with furrowed brows was picturing kevin chen and peter tan with crayons and animal crackers and pacifiers...

Irene Sun said...

Serene -- aw.. Auntie Penny! I miss her!
E! -- um. no. my boys were much better behave and attentive and obedient than Kevin and Peter ever were.

MissBlueBlossoms said...

hahaha...one slept through the whole thing? so cute!!

Irene Sun said...

yup. Yohanan ate in the beginning and slept while I "taught" emeth. =)

MissBlueBlossoms said...

i was so thick..i didn't get it...funny :) may many more join ur class

Jenni Naselli said...

Love this. :)

YeeLing said...

hahahahha <3!